For 125 years, our team of real estate experts has been the market leader in New York City's northern suburbs. We have the largest regional and global network with long-standing international connections and partners in 65 countries.
Work Schedule: Wednesday- Sunday
This administrative position will work primarily in Ardsley and also provide coverage in Irvington as assigned. This position provides administrative support for agents and Sales Manager. Assists with special projects as needed, has daily responsibilities primarily relating to maintaining the MLS database, HL websites, and assists and provides backup to other office staff. Serve as liaison between clients, real estate agents, vendors and other departments within the company. Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all agents, staff, customers, clients, and business partners. Be familiar with and comfortable using the company propriety systems and tools. A successful candidate will understand the culture of the office and behave accordingly. A calm demeanor under pressure is a must!
- Dress appropriately, tending toward conservative attire
- Administrative duties such as answering office phones and directing as needed, assist in making showing appointments.
- Coverage for Front Desk administrator as needed
- Maintain brochure racks & Window property display
- Maintain Branch social media platforms on FaceBook and Instagram
- Manage property photos and assist in process with new property listings including database management transaction maintenance. Keep listings updated on status
- Prepare photography for news releases; maintain databases; produce reports; assist with special projects; may serve as a backup to other department staff.
- Print Broker & Public Open House sheets/ materials for agents
- Assist and support sales associates in the preparation of Comparative Market Analyses, Marketing Proposals
- Coordinate, produce, and order direct mail programs.
- Develop and produce promotional materials; which includes layout design and modification to accommodate marketing objectives, coordination of content, editing and proofing, transmission and coordination with printer to meet stated publication deadlines.
- Provide advertising and other creative consultation support. Develop, coordinate, schedule and review the various, Internet, newspaper, magazine advertisements. Supply ad calendar to agents and clients.
- Maintain calendars of marketing materials and promotional deliverables
- Handle financial matters using Profit Power
- Interface with other administrative professionals pleasantly
- Other related duties as assigned
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Minimum of high school diploma or the equivalent.
- One to three years clerical or administrative experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong computer and keying skills. Typing speed of 45-60 w.p.m.
- Proficient with Microsoft, Apple, Google, Social Media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Self-motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills a customer-service focus and the ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of real estate, title and/or mortgage business helpful.
Work Schedule: Wednesday- Sunday
Hiring Organization / Company: Houlihan/lawrence Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Location Information:
Location: Ardsley, Ny 10502
Share this job on:
Tips on how to become successful in a career in real estate
Real estate has proven to be one of the most lucrative businesses to engage in today. This is because of the recent demand for properties by leasing, renting, and buying, which has seen prices drop and rise at the same time. Becoming successful in real estate is a dream come true once you have gone to school for it and worked hard. Real estate has several career opportunities for you, such as agents, advocates, brokers, property managers, and auctioneers. Success, however, will come with some challenges that you have to embrace and keep pushing. How you take these challenges will determine your success, and thus you ought to stay positive and keep pushing.
Success can be quite demanding due to lots of pressure from both your peers and yourself. However, it should be something you are excited about, especially how venturing into real estate is beautiful. You will have the opportunity to work with creative minds, clients who are enthusiastic about buying and selling property, and networking with those who are ahead of you. The article is here to guide you on how to do it and embrace each step to your success in real estate. How do you do it? Here are ten tips for a successful career in real estate:
1. Passion defines it all
Doing something you are in love with and passionate about will always result in dedication and commitment, which return determines your success. Do not jump into real estate if you are not excited about it because you will have no direction or zeal to keep going. Once you are passionate about real estate, you will never complain along the way of issues, but instead, you will have every reason to overcome because you are in love with what you are doing. Passion will give you a sense of drive because you not only have what it takes to succeed but also yearn for it.
2. Make the internet your first love
The internet has an excellent opportunity for you if you want to be successful in real estate. There is lots of information on it that you can use to learn about what others are doing and market yourself in the real estate industry, which is highly competitive. It would help if you did lots of research on what others are offering in the market in terms of price, trends, and structural creativity. Self-marketing to gain popularity is also crucial for you to be successful. Do it aggressively through the various online platforms you dispose of, such as creating social media pages, websites, and a blog to promote what you are doing.
Starting your career in real estate and expecting success in the first few months or years is not the best idea for you. You should be patient because if you do so, you may end up frustrated and quit while you are still young at it. Instead, embrace the process and acknowledge that the first few months or years for you will not be easy. You are venturing into real estate for the first time, and thus you have to learn the process. Each step in the process matters a lot in your success, and therefore you have to be ready to learn and gain experience. Most people fail because they want to become rich fast in real estate, not knowing the struggles others went through to get to the heights they now are at.
It’s important to know that you cannot make it on your own. Even though you alone can determine your success, you need to work with others to succeed. Networking those in real estate and accompanying sectors will lead to trustworthy and mutually beneficial relationships. You will be working with like-minded people who will help you grow through their experience in real estate. Connect with those who are ahead and your peers also in real estate so that you can learn from them and even exchange ideas on how to get better. Networking will also see to it that you learn what you need to avoid, and thus you become one step ahead since you avoided falling into it. While your network, take only those who will see you through your success along instead of having a pool that may drag you behind.
5. Have a plan
How you begin will determine a lot. It would be best if you had a plan that will guide you through everything you do. A plan gives you a sense of direction because you have laid out your goals and objectives against the actions needed to succeed. Have a plan before you begin that will guide you through each step you will take, and thus you will not dilly dally along the way. Once you accomplish something, tick it against what your plan had stated and the purpose for those not yet achieved. When making your plan, be realistic because if not, you will end up in so much pressure, which is not suitable for you. Define what you want and make sure you can achieve it with healthy strain. Real estate for you should be smooth, and thus your plan needs to match what you are capable of.
6. Think like a business person
It would help if you had an independent and open mind in real estate to be successful. Venturing in it will require you to make strategic decisions due to the factors influencing real estate. You have to be ready for issues such as inflation, rise in demand, client preferences, and many more, which require you to think like a businessman. Your career in real estate in real estate will require you not to be rigid but to have an open mind about things. The decisions you make need to realize growth and not fall short of your success. Real estate is a lucrative business and thus needs a match for it. Your success in real estate in whatever career you are pursuing will require you to think like a businessman rather than an employee.
7. Gain new clients while you retain the ones you have
As soon as you start selling, you need not stay comfortable but stay hungry. This should be by looking for new potential clients aggressively by offering what they need. Clients will always be attracted to what you have installed for them so long as it gives them value for their money. It’s, therefore, your job to satisfy their expectations so that you can have new sales and leases and while doing so, do not forget about those you have. It will be so wrong of you to forget about those paid for your first sales and leases as you only think about new sales. Retaining your previous clients’ connections is essential because they become your brand ambassadors. They will always champion for you and help you through referrals to gain business from potential leads.
8. Get your papers right
Real estate requires lots of paperwork for a successful transaction. Therefore, you should ensure that you have all the documents needed to work in real estate as a career. These documents will include licenses, buyer’s agent agreements, closing disclosure, property deed, and home inspection reports, among many more. Professionalism is required of you for a successful buy or sell in real estate, and one way to guarantee your clients of this is by having your paperwork right. Clients choose you if you are good at what you do. These documents assure them that you are not a quack trying to fraud them off their cash, but you are legitimate and ethical in what you do.
9. Get ready for the competition
You need to know that real estate faces aggressive competition. It’s therefore useful if you expect it and know how to have an edge to it. You should be unique in what you do so that you stand out from the rest and have comparable points. Please do not copy what others are doing because they succeeded. It’s okay to look into what they are doing, but while doing so, look for what they are not offering that can add value to you as a person in real estate. Success in real estate will only be determined by how you face your competitors. Therefore, they should not scare you, but instead, be a basis for you to be better than them.
10. Establish a track record of your experience
Lastly, you need to make people have something they can talk about you. Your track record should be your selling to by the reputation that you have against your peers. Through the experience you have gained over the years, you should aim at getting better every day. Clients will want to see the previous works done on your portfolio or look at reviews on your website. Your track record should speak for itself and guarantee them that they can later attest to not regretting the decision made. Do not rush at selling or leasing what can ruin your reputation but instead mold it to applaud the excellent work you do.
Success in a real estate career is not a one-day affair. It requires you to be the best in what you do and always be ready for challenges. Strive at getting better and take each step as a lesson to your career.