Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years or more of experience in loan administration, office operations, or customer service with exposure to financial services, mortgage, or title insurance industry preferred; or experience deemed equivalent at the discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
- Experience in administrative support functions.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment (required).
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- At a basic level, assists with developing and organizing loan applicant information for review and analysis by loan officers/underwriting staff and entering pertinent data into loan origination systems.
- With oversight, may enter financial information such as balance sheets and other data required to generate accurate credit scores on simple loans. With guidance, assist in reviewing loan applications and packages for accuracy and completeness. Learn about entity documents, real estate appraisals, title commitments, and UCC searches and the various situations in which each of these documents is required.
- With oversight, assists with the coordination of loan closings and review of closing documents to ensure they are accurate and complete. With guidance, review executed documentation to ensure proper execution, validate collateral is secured appropriately, i.e. deeds of trust are recorded, title policies are obtained and comply with Association requirements, UCC financing statements are filed.
- Develops an introductory knowledge of association product offerings and learns to discuss loan transactions and products with customers before referring them to more senior staff. Learns to identify cross selling opportunities of association products to refer to appropriate lending staff to meet those needs.
- Provides excellent customer service on a consistent basis by answering phones and learning how to resolve customer inquiries with assistance. Becomes familiar with necessary communications between internal departments and external parties and can facilitate routine communication.
- Records new loans, establishes relevant files, disburses loan proceeds, processes loan payments, maintains a variety of loan records and obtains credit information with oversight. Assists in maintaining and monitoring borrowers’ loan covenants, reporting requirements and security documents including deeds of trust and UCC financing statements.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with required internal controls and administers various reports as required.
- Possesses a basic understanding of required procedures, policies, processes and regulations with an ability to research and apply them with oversight. Develops knowledge of, and ability to use, association programs and systems used in lending and office administration.
- Assists with general office administration.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment according to detailed instructions, which may include computers, paper shredders, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines and scanners.
Basic knowledge of:
- Accounting/financial systems.
- Office systems and equipment used for file management and file classification practices and retrieval of business information.
- Title insurance, Uniform Commercial Code, crop insurance, flood insurance, and credit life insurance documentation.
- Documentation requirements for title policies, deeds of trust, UCC financing statements, and other collateral documents.
Specialized knowledge of:
- Professional oral and written correspondence principles.
- Beginning skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Organization and time management practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Hiring Organization / Company: Capital Farm Credit
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Location Information:
Location: Victoria, Tx
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Tips on how to become successful in a career in real estate
Real estate has proven to be one of the most lucrative businesses to engage in today. This is because of the recent demand for properties by leasing, renting, and buying, which has seen prices drop and rise at the same time. Becoming successful in real estate is a dream come true once you have gone to school for it and worked hard. Real estate has several career opportunities for you, such as agents, advocates, brokers, property managers, and auctioneers. Success, however, will come with some challenges that you have to embrace and keep pushing. How you take these challenges will determine your success, and thus you ought to stay positive and keep pushing.
Success can be quite demanding due to lots of pressure from both your peers and yourself. However, it should be something you are excited about, especially how venturing into real estate is beautiful. You will have the opportunity to work with creative minds, clients who are enthusiastic about buying and selling property, and networking with those who are ahead of you. The article is here to guide you on how to do it and embrace each step to your success in real estate. How do you do it? Here are ten tips for a successful career in real estate:
1. Passion defines it all
Doing something you are in love with and passionate about will always result in dedication and commitment, which return determines your success. Do not jump into real estate if you are not excited about it because you will have no direction or zeal to keep going. Once you are passionate about real estate, you will never complain along the way of issues, but instead, you will have every reason to overcome because you are in love with what you are doing. Passion will give you a sense of drive because you not only have what it takes to succeed but also yearn for it.
2. Make the internet your first love
The internet has an excellent opportunity for you if you want to be successful in real estate. There is lots of information on it that you can use to learn about what others are doing and market yourself in the real estate industry, which is highly competitive. It would help if you did lots of research on what others are offering in the market in terms of price, trends, and structural creativity. Self-marketing to gain popularity is also crucial for you to be successful. Do it aggressively through the various online platforms you dispose of, such as creating social media pages, websites, and a blog to promote what you are doing.
Starting your career in real estate and expecting success in the first few months or years is not the best idea for you. You should be patient because if you do so, you may end up frustrated and quit while you are still young at it. Instead, embrace the process and acknowledge that the first few months or years for you will not be easy. You are venturing into real estate for the first time, and thus you have to learn the process. Each step in the process matters a lot in your success, and therefore you have to be ready to learn and gain experience. Most people fail because they want to become rich fast in real estate, not knowing the struggles others went through to get to the heights they now are at.
It’s important to know that you cannot make it on your own. Even though you alone can determine your success, you need to work with others to succeed. Networking those in real estate and accompanying sectors will lead to trustworthy and mutually beneficial relationships. You will be working with like-minded people who will help you grow through their experience in real estate. Connect with those who are ahead and your peers also in real estate so that you can learn from them and even exchange ideas on how to get better. Networking will also see to it that you learn what you need to avoid, and thus you become one step ahead since you avoided falling into it. While your network, take only those who will see you through your success along instead of having a pool that may drag you behind.
5. Have a plan
How you begin will determine a lot. It would be best if you had a plan that will guide you through everything you do. A plan gives you a sense of direction because you have laid out your goals and objectives against the actions needed to succeed. Have a plan before you begin that will guide you through each step you will take, and thus you will not dilly dally along the way. Once you accomplish something, tick it against what your plan had stated and the purpose for those not yet achieved. When making your plan, be realistic because if not, you will end up in so much pressure, which is not suitable for you. Define what you want and make sure you can achieve it with healthy strain. Real estate for you should be smooth, and thus your plan needs to match what you are capable of.
6. Think like a business person
It would help if you had an independent and open mind in real estate to be successful. Venturing in it will require you to make strategic decisions due to the factors influencing real estate. You have to be ready for issues such as inflation, rise in demand, client preferences, and many more, which require you to think like a businessman. Your career in real estate in real estate will require you not to be rigid but to have an open mind about things. The decisions you make need to realize growth and not fall short of your success. Real estate is a lucrative business and thus needs a match for it. Your success in real estate in whatever career you are pursuing will require you to think like a businessman rather than an employee.
7. Gain new clients while you retain the ones you have
As soon as you start selling, you need not stay comfortable but stay hungry. This should be by looking for new potential clients aggressively by offering what they need. Clients will always be attracted to what you have installed for them so long as it gives them value for their money. It’s, therefore, your job to satisfy their expectations so that you can have new sales and leases and while doing so, do not forget about those you have. It will be so wrong of you to forget about those paid for your first sales and leases as you only think about new sales. Retaining your previous clients’ connections is essential because they become your brand ambassadors. They will always champion for you and help you through referrals to gain business from potential leads.
8. Get your papers right
Real estate requires lots of paperwork for a successful transaction. Therefore, you should ensure that you have all the documents needed to work in real estate as a career. These documents will include licenses, buyer’s agent agreements, closing disclosure, property deed, and home inspection reports, among many more. Professionalism is required of you for a successful buy or sell in real estate, and one way to guarantee your clients of this is by having your paperwork right. Clients choose you if you are good at what you do. These documents assure them that you are not a quack trying to fraud them off their cash, but you are legitimate and ethical in what you do.
9. Get ready for the competition
You need to know that real estate faces aggressive competition. It’s therefore useful if you expect it and know how to have an edge to it. You should be unique in what you do so that you stand out from the rest and have comparable points. Please do not copy what others are doing because they succeeded. It’s okay to look into what they are doing, but while doing so, look for what they are not offering that can add value to you as a person in real estate. Success in real estate will only be determined by how you face your competitors. Therefore, they should not scare you, but instead, be a basis for you to be better than them.
10. Establish a track record of your experience
Lastly, you need to make people have something they can talk about you. Your track record should be your selling to by the reputation that you have against your peers. Through the experience you have gained over the years, you should aim at getting better every day. Clients will want to see the previous works done on your portfolio or look at reviews on your website. Your track record should speak for itself and guarantee them that they can later attest to not regretting the decision made. Do not rush at selling or leasing what can ruin your reputation but instead mold it to applaud the excellent work you do.
Success in a real estate career is not a one-day affair. It requires you to be the best in what you do and always be ready for challenges. Strive at getting better and take each step as a lesson to your career.